Monday, May 19, 2008

The Long and Winding Road

Page twenty two is the last of the “old” Metasearch pages. There is a two year gap between page twenty two and page twenty three. Time indeed flies. As I sat down to create new pages, all sorts of thoughts went through my head. I really didn’t know if I could still do it, or if the new pages would fit. I also had a great sense of excitement going back to my unfinished story, doing something I love, and playing with characters I care so much about. A lot of things have happened since I took a hiatus from the novel, so much so that it feels like another life altogether. Time, as usual, is in short supply, but so far I’ve managed to keep the updates as scheduled.

Evolution can’t be stopped, so the major hurdle is to make the new pages fit the old ones. It would be a real mood-breaker to go from one page to the next and find two different styles telling the same story. My task is to keep the same vibe, same style, same vision; but thanks to the time my craft has spent marinating, I think my art is more refined and I have a few more tricks up my sleeve.

I’m satisfied with the way the new pages look. You can see a progression in the art, but the look still remains. There are many challenges as I work towards completing Reverie. Metasearch as a concept has seen many permutations throughout the years, and I have no idea where it will lead (if it actually leads anywhere). But the experience gained and the satisfaction of carrying a task to its completion can’t be taken away. I’ll see you in the page.

Oddman Out