Monday, July 21, 2008

Changes

Basically, page 49 was originally four pages in the script that took place back at the Witch’s Cauldron, where Metasearch initially talks to McConnor. As I went through the scene I noticed that it could be done in one page, and I didn’t want to repeat the same location. Since Anya works at the British Museum, I thought it would be a cool idea to have the museum as the meeting place. That would give me an opportunity to have some interesting visuals. When searching for reference, I found that the museum had a “Living and Dying” exposition. It’s a gallery about the different takes on life and death throughout cultures. That reinforced my initial inclination of changing locations.

“Reverie’s” script was done a number of years ago, so it is no surprise that changes will and have occurred. Moreover, seeing the finished pages gives you a better sense of the story’s rhythm; so changes will take place in order to keep the plot’s pace interesting. I’ll see you in the page.

Oddman Out