Monday, July 28, 2008

White Shadows

There is a nice blend between the end of the flashback, and the end of McConnor’s scene in the rain, where the two respective styles can be seen. I can also see a definite progression from this latest page in contrast with my earlier efforts. Even the lettering has gotten more free, creative, and part of the narrative. This page also gets the unique distinction of being the one that holds the only white, complete panel in the whole book. That was a choice done in final art, when I faced the problem of not relying on sound effects to create a climax. Does it work? You’ll be the judge of that. Part of being creative is to do things that might not necessarily work, but if you don’t try you’ll never know. I’ll keep pushing and hopefully it will all go somewhere… preferably a good place.

So this week was the big Comic Con International, and I didn’t go. It’s been a while since I hit any type of convention, let a long a comic book one. I toyed with the idea of going, but I had no purpose in making the trip. I don’t care about celebrities, previews, swag, collecting, etc. So that pretty much rules out all convention activities. If I make the pilgrimage to
San Diego it would be to peddle Metasearch around, but alas it’s not finished yet. Probably I’ll go next year, if nothing else happens during that time. You never know. I’ll see you in the page.

Oddman Out