Friday, July 25, 2008

The Memory Remains

Throughout “Reverie” there are hints about McConnor’s brush with the supernatural, and his history with Metasearch. Although it was never my intention to reveal exactly what that particular incident was, I always wanted to have a short flashback scene addressing the issue. Of course, this opens up a bunch of other questions, but that’s the whole idea.

I took a stripped down approach to the art. No backgrounds, as we are dealing with memory and the events, people, and dialog are the focus. However cliché the use of black and white in this sort of plot devices, I took a page out of Frank Miller’s playbook and went heavy on the shadows a la “Sin City.” Also, I decided to layoff the textures and allow the brushstrokes to be seen. This gave a surreal feel to the panels. I’ll see you in the page.

Oddman Out