Monday, June 30, 2008

The Mirror

I thought it would be a cool idea to create a page that is the opposite of another. That’s what I did for pages 39 and 40, where I decided to reverse every panel; same setting different angle. I even reversed the dialog, not really on purpose; I was looking for a way to convey voiceovers through the telephones without having to fallback on the star-like word balloons. I decided to flip the colors and have no dialog arrows. But once I saw the two pages completed, I realized that it had fallen in place with the whole concept of the scene. A happy coincidence I say, buy hey, I’ll take it.

After forty pages of trying to keep every page interesting, you don’t want to repeat yourself. This pushes me to be more creative every time. It’s challenging and satisfying, and the book benefits from it. I have also become a bit looser with my lettering. It’s still a work in progress, but it has certainly improved. As I compare page 1 to page 40, I see that Metasearch has gone a long way in a very short period of time. Don’t worry; we still have a lot more road ahead of us. I’ll see you in the page.

Oddman Out